The Article “Focusing In On Your Visions” is all about how we value, prioritize and compartmentalize things in our lives in order to function. Myself, I Value happiness, healthiness and creativity. I’m usually the kind of person who watches the clock so I’m always aware of time. I have an odd compulsion for checking my watch or phone frequently for the time, not out of boredom just because I want to know what time it is.
I broke down my 168 hour week and estimated roughly how many hours I spent on activities that would support or deny my claims of how I value certain things.
Watching TV/Movies and Playing Games – 20 hrs
In School/Doing work – 20 hrs
Grooming Hygiene- 12
Transportation – 10
Talking to friends for personal reasons- 10 hrs
On a Production- 9
Volunteering- 7 hrs
In School/In Class – 6
Dealing with Mail/Email- 5
Talking to people about business – 5 hrs
Exercise – 2
1) It wasn’t hard for me to remember how I spent my time
2) I did take time out just for myself, if I didn’t I’d be pulling my hair out
3) I don’t usually plan to do anything beyond goto class and do school work/production work. I just make time for things as they come up by switching things around as they need be.
4)See answer to three
5)I want to spend more time exercising/going to the gym and more time sleeping
6) Spend less time traveling would be nice but not realistic at the moment.
7) I’m happy with the way I spent my time. I accomplished things that I needed to this week and there was nothing that I needed to accomplish as it occurred that I needed to put off.
I spent many hrs towards things that make me happy (I.E. Watching Movies and Talking with friends) and things that allow me to be creative (I.E. School work/working on production) but not enough on the things that would make me healthier (I.E. Sleep and Exercise)
When I look at my life so far, I’m glad I took the time to stop and smell the roses and I regret that I didn’t spend more time exercising and working towards a healthier lifestyle.
The following is a list of the things I did and how I perceive them to be Urgent but not important, Important but not urgent, Urgent and Important or Not Important/Urgent
URGENT AND IMPORTANT
-In School/Doing work
-Dealing with Mail/Email
-In School/ In Class
URGENT BUT NOT IMPORTANT
-Talking to people about business
IMPORTANT BUT NOT URGENT
NOT IMPORTANT/NOT URGENT